Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday

Today we talked about this quote...

"Don't let the workings of adversity totally absorb your life" 
(Richard G. Scott)

I put a sponge in some water to see how much it could soak up.  It pretty much absorbed all of it.  Then we talked about being absorbed by something and what that means and how our trials sometimes totally absorb us.  We talked about some of the trials that Joseph Smith was facing during this period of time.  We talked about the trials that the Savior faced during His life.  I posed the question - Does the Savior understand adversity?

Then we talked about this scripture...

"Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days." (D&C 24:8)

And we looked for the Lord's counsel and promises and how they can help us in our trials.  We substituted our names in the scripture ~ Rozla, be patient in affliction because you are going to have many; but endure them.  I am with you even until the end of your days.

Then I shared with them this quote by Elder Richard G. Scott...

"I testify that when the Lord closes one important door in your life, He shows His continuing love and compassion by opening many other compensating doors through your exercise of faith.  He will place in your path packets of spiritual sunlight to brighten your way.  They often come after the trial has been the greatest, as evidence of the compassion and love of an all-knowing Father.  They point the way to greater happiness and more understanding and strengthen your determination to accept and be obedient to His will." (Ensign Nov. 1995)

I love how he said that the Lord will send packets of spiritual sunlight to brighten our way.  I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I have that Heavenly Father loves me - little old me - just a humble seminary teacher in Helena Montana trying to do the best I can and praying to help these precious youth understand the same! 

Today I'm grateful for my packets of spiritual sunlight!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this little packet of sunshine you have thrown onto my semi-lit path. Made my day much brighter. I wish Jo's seminary teacher could prepare an awesome lesson instead of reading it from the manual to them at 6 a.m. Oh well. I keep telling her to endure to the end! I'll have her read this lesson and then she will feel a bit lighter too. I love you for your faith and commitment. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete