Monday, August 23, 2010

Doctrine and Covenants

It's almost time for another Seminary year.  We begin on August 31st at 6:55 am.  This year we will study the Doctrine and Covenants and Church History. 

I'm so grateful for the days Lynn and I took off to begin our vacation in Palmyra NY and journey with the saints to Salt Lake City.  I hope that I can share this year with the kids my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Savior and help them gain or strength their own testimony. 

The pioneers knew God ~ that is why they did what they did!  They knew God and they loved Him and they sacrificed everything for Him and the gospel. 

So I ask you and I ask myself ~ Do You know God?  Could you sacrifice everything you have for Him and the gospel? Would you sacrifice everything?  DO YOU SACRIFICE EVERYTHING?

It's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

  1. I just started teaching seminary last March, so this year is my first full year. As a convert, I am really excited about studying Doctrine and Covenants. We had our first day of class last Monday, and I just adore my students.

    Good luck! I look forward to hearing your insights throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete